REPRESS OF THIS INFAMOUS WHITE LABEL - Lafleur, owner of Motor City Wine in Detroit, kicks off the Rocksteady Disco imprint with three tracks of delightful percussive charm and jazzy wit. "Peace" is a gorgeous, classic 70's kinda tune in true Salsoul style, while "Consume" is vocal-led and considerably more free-spirited in structure, and "Love" heads back to the dancefloor but this time in a relatively more electronic mode. Choppy vocal samples and thick, bumpy basslines. Splendid stuff.
Support from Theo Parrish (Sound Signature), Mr. Saturday Night, Rahaan (Street Edits, Lumberjacks In Hell), Jean-Claude Gavri (Ebo), Charles Maurice (Favorite), Hristo, Mike Misiu, Alan Mooney’s Edits.
supported by 5 fans who also own “RSD001 // Rocksteady Disco #1”
I really enjoyed stumbling on to this mix. JJ Cale search brought me here, but found so much more. New fan here, PC
Opener - fckn banger
5. Jj cale - Lies edit (crunch)
11. King Krimson - (synth burble)
12. Loggins & Messina dub (voyage)
22. bob marley - sun is shining rework (just a great track - wailers bass lines... v tight)
25. George Harrison - My Sweet Lord - sunrise spirit rework (effervescence) wildcathouston